Monday, January 21, 2013

Decalling


It's been a while since I did some decal work in my studio. But we (Anna & me) have some custom work waiting so I send Anna some porcelain pieces that she could decal. OOAK pieces are heaps of fun to make as not one is the same. You can have a preview of Anna's pieces in her blog. Although they are fun to make, I always twist and turn about placing a certain image somewhere. Is it too little? Is it too much? And the secret is to stop in time before you ruin the piece. 
I also like seeing how different Anna's pieces are to mine. I'm rather modest in combining an placing colors & patterns while Anna dares to use big color blocks. It makes her pieces really artsy I think.
Some of these pieces will be in our shops soon. :)
If you would like a OOAK piece of your own, please don't hesitate to contact us.